When you think about air quality, you might think about the mold and pollen levels outside. You can’t do much to improve the outdoor air, but you can improve the air quality inside your home. Don’t think that high mold and pollen levels have to come inside with you when you go home.
There’s something you can do to improve our indoor air quality. When you invest in an air purifier in Hinsdale, IL, you also invest in your family’s health and well-being. Air purifiers can even help protect your home from mold and mildew damage. If you’re ready to breathe easy when you’re in the comfort of your own home, give us a call. We can help you pick the best whole-house air purifier to fit your needs.
Signs of Poor Indoor Air Quality
You may not realize that the air you’re breathing impacts your health. Sure, you’re getting plenty of oxygen to fill your lungs and improve blood flow. But you’re also getting pollen, mold, allergens, and even viruses and bacteria that can harm your health. But how do you know if you have poor indoor air quality? That’s easy! If you notice any of the signs below in your home, you can benefit from a whole-house air purifier:
- Condensation developing on your walls or windows
- Mold or mildew on items around your home
- An unusual smell coming from your air conditioner
- Dusty ductwork
- Air that feels thick or musty
Even with these signs, you may have doubts about your indoor air quality being that bad. Our team can schedule an indoor air quality test to assess the levels of allergens and bacteria in your air. We can compare your results to the outdoor air quality around your home and also to indoor air quality standards to see how your air quality measures up.
Whole-House Air Purifier Benefits
You can stop by any local home goods store and pick up a small, portable air purifier. But you won’t get the same great results that you would with a whole-house air purifier. Smaller plug-in models can only do so much because they’re only big enough for a single room. For the best results, you want to clean all of the air in your home – and preferably before it ever blows through your air vents. A whole-house air purifier is:
- Cost efficient – While there is an up-front investment cost, your whole-house air purifier pays for itself over time. Your HVAC unit can run more efficiently, plus you can extend the life of the unit.
- Convenient – Your whole-house air purifier cleans the air around the clock. Plus, it’s out of sight inside your HVAC system, so you never have to worry about turning it on, turning it off, or moving it around.
- Safe – A whole-house air purifier doesn’t pose any risks or hazards to your family or your home.
Contact Althoff Home Services today to schedule an appointment with our professionals. Chicago’s Choice Since 1961. Hand It Off to Althoff!