Standard Cast Iron Boiler Maintenance
Do you want your boiler to continue running for it's full lifetime? Do you want to avoid costly emergency repairs? The #1 way to improve the efficiency and longevity of your system is routine maintenance and preventative care. Benefits of Routine Maintenance:
- Increase efficiency, reduce energy loss
- Avoid unexpected breakdowns
- Ensure safety for you and your family
We're invested in the health and longevity of your home comfort systems. Let us provide the necessary improvements each and every year.
Hand It Off to Althoff.
- Verify accuracy and proper operation of the thermostat
- General observation of work area for venting integrity and water leaks
- Apply Brady gauge to monitor system pressure while off and while running during inspection
- Verify the accuracy of pressure temperature gauges
- Perform combustion analysis to ensure safe and proper combustion
- Measure draft pressure to ensure safe venting
- Check all venting for proper pitch, deterioration, or leaks
- Check boiler pumps for abnormal noises, amp draw, and proper operation
- If applicable, oil motor and bearing assembly
- Remove burners and pilot assembly, clean with furnace brush, and replace thermocouple (if applicable)
- Clean flame sensor and ignition rod
- Perform a visual inspection of the heat exchanger for excessive rust, leaks, holes, or blockages
- Verify sizing and proper operation of the expansion tank
- Inspect piping and flanges for leaks
- If applicable, verify proper operation of all zone valves
- If applicable, verify proper freeze protection levels
Looking for routine maintenance made easy?
We offer a comprehensive maintenance program to make routine maintenance easy and cost-effective. We’ve also thrown in some great perks!
Perks of Our Membership Plans:
- 1 spring cooling system tune-up and 1 fall heating system tune-up.
- up to 20% Discount on HVAC, Plumbing & Electrical Repairs!
- up to $400 in equipment purchase credits.
- No overtime repair charge.
- Priority service.