Retro-Commissioning is a comprehensive engineering and service update to a building’s existing mechanical, electrical and controls systems.
Typically, a commercial building will undergo many operational and occupancy changes throughout its lifespan. While individual alterations may seem small, over time they can add up to large strains on equipment and drains on operating budgets. Even well-constructed and expertly maintained buildings experience system degradation over time, and the systems begin to operate inefficiently or more often than needed. This degardation leads to energy waste and reliability problems. These issues create an opportunity for improved performance through the application of retro-commissioning as a systematic evaluation and improvement process.
An Althoff retro-commissioning can produce significant cost savings in existing buildings. Savings vary depending upon the building type, its location and the scope of the retro-commissioning process. The many documented benefits resulting from retro-commissioning include:
- Energy savings
- Improved system operation
- Improved equipment performance
- Improved environmental control
- Improved occupant comfort
- Improved indoor environmental quality
- Improved building documentation
- Reduced operating and maintenance costs
- Reduced maintenance/troubleshooting issues
- Increased asset value
- Increased operations & maintenance staff capabilities and expertise
Althoff Industries customizes its retro-commissioning services to each client's project goals and may be directed toward specific problem areas in a facility. For more information, please click here.