Are you familiar with the ComEd Energy Efficiency Program? ComEd has recently released new guidelines and rebates for energy efficiency and HVAC rebates. As a Chicago property manager, you could save money by making sure your upgrades meet the ComEd rebate criteria.
ComEd's HVAC Incentives cover new and replacement HVAC systems that are rated according to the AHRI standards and refrigerant that is acceptable for the local codes. If you choose an HVAC project, the manufacturer's specification sheet must be included with the final application. A few qualifying HVAC projects include:
- Water-Cooled Chiller - $20 per ton rebate plus applicable bonus rebates
- Air-Cooled Chiller - $30 per ton rebate plus applicable bonus rebates
- New Variable Speed Drive on Existing HVAC Chiller - $40 per HP plus applicable bonus rebates
- New Reset Controls for Water Chiller- $5 per ton plus applicable bonus rebates
- New Wall Mounted Air Conditioner - $30 per ton plus applicable bonus rebates
- New Wall Mounted Heat Pump - $30 per ton plus applicable bonus rebates
Energy Management Incentives
ComEd's Energy Management Incentives are designed to help you save money when you install a qualifying Energy Management System. Chicago property managers can save between $0.15 and $0.35 per linear foot, depending on the type of EMS system and the qualifying Tier level.
Energy Efficient Lighting Incentives
- New LED Lights - $0.40 for every reduction in wattage
- LED Retrofits - $0.40 for every reduction in wattage
- Open for Business LED Neon Signs - $40 for each replaced signs
Applying for the ComEd Smart Ideas Energy Efficiency Programs
ComEd's Energy Efficiency Program offers three tiers. To start the process, fill out a preapproval application and comprehensive energy savings worksheet. Next, choose the energy efficient projects you would like to complete between June 1, 2016 and May 31, 2017. Qualifying projects include energy efficient lighting, HVAC, refrigeration and compressed air systems. If you need more options, you can look at ComEd's worksheet for comprehensive energy savings.
Next, submit your preapproval application and wait for an approval letter. Once you receive the letter, start work on your projects. When you complete your projects, submit the final application form. Upon final approval, you will receive a check in the amount of your initial rebates and any additional rebates.
- To qualify for Tier 1, select three energy efficient projects and complete those projects. You will receive all of the standard incentives plus and additional 20 percent.
- To qualify for Tier 2, simply choose four energy efficient projects and complete them. You will receive all of the standard rebates plus additional 25 percent.
- To qualify for Tier 3, choose and complete five authorized projects. You will receive all of the standard rebates plus an additional 30 percent.
Energy Efficient Solutions with Althoff Industries
Here at Althoff Industries, we can help you implement your energy saving solutions. Our professional technicians can help you by performing an energy audit to determine where you could improve your building's energy efficiency. We offer alternative energy installations, replacement, repair and installation of electrical systems, building automation systems, energy retrofits, thermal scanning and air, water and steam trap testing. We can also design and install energy efficient HVAC systems.
To learn more about how we can help you save money on your operating expenses and improve your building's greenness, call us at 800-225-2443.